Saturday 29 November 2014

Review: Apple Custard

David's Tea, for me, is a bit hit and miss. The straight teas they carry are pretty spot-on, but a lot of their flavoured teas come up short. That said, I'm not planning on writing them off completely, and I'm always willing to try a new tea. So today when I was stocking-stuffer-shopping, I decided to pick up their Apple Custard for myself as it had caught my eye before.


Type: Herbal Tea
Ingredients: apples, golden raisins, coriander, chamomile, natural and artificial vanilla flavouring
Brewing Time: 5 minutes
Brewing Method: I used David's handled tea ball. Big mistake, I had to run it through a teamaker from Teavana to get all the debris out of the tea... 
Smell: When brewed, it has a very strong vanilla scent.
Flavour: Fruity top-notes, vanilla body, light-bodied. Not as vanilla-y as I had anticipated, but I would have liked it to be a bit more apple-y as the apple flavour gets a bit lost. Very smooth.

(In my onesie, excuse the cracked post-Black Friday polish)

Overall rating: 1 2 3 4 5

Pretty nice, I think it's a nice calming concoction. Glad to have it on hand, but it'll probably take me a while to get through the miniscule amount I have as there are plenty of teas I'd rather have.

No comments:

Post a Comment