Thursday 1 October 2015

Review: Napoleon tea


This is a tea that's been in my pantry fro quite a while, actually, and not yet have I tried it. I keep meaning to, but it just hasn't happened yet. LUCKILY I just received an early birthday present, my beautiful Tea-for-One from David's Tea which makes a smaller amount of tea. It's perfect for trying little bits of tea at a time :D

Now the tea was a recommendation made to me by a lovely Tea sales girl at the Urban Tea Merchant in Vancouver. I had the s'mores tea, or some chocolately delightfulness in my hand when she brought this down. "This one's so much better though," she said, quiet but confident. 

Steep faster, darn you!
Not sure what the bits are, but assuming they`re yummy.

Type: Black Tea
Ingredients: Vanilla and spice
Brewing Time: 3 minutes
Brewing Method: Tea for One (Brand new!!! :D)
Smell: Floral, full-bodied
Flavour: Sweet, floral yet spicey, vanilla, smooth but dry.

oooooooooooh

Overall rating: 1 2 3 4 5

Now I am not usually a fan of vanilla in tea. A personal preference, a stupid one I know. However, in this infusion the vanilla gives a creamy flavour and is not overpowering. Like a lot of black teas, it leaves the mouth very dry. The only way to describe this guy is like drinking a spiced vanilla flower. Delicate and not overly sweet, just perfect.

This tea is available here: Urban Tea Merchant: Napoleon

No comments:

Post a Comment